Join Our Network
When you join the Magellan Complete Care of Virginia (HMO SNP) network of providers, you get a collaborative, team-based approach to health care.
MCC of VA (HMO SNP) helps you and your patients by:
- Saving you time
- Simplified credentialing
- Easy claims submission
- Prompt payments
- Giving you access to helpful resources
- Free online provider education tools
- Provider Support Specialists offer training and operational assistance to promote best practices and improve quality of care
- Recognizing you as our partner
- Inclusion in our innovative Model of Care
- Enhanced quality programs to improve our processes
How do I become an MCC of VA (HMO SNP) network provider?
To join the MCC of VA (HMO SNP) network, individual providers, group practices and organizations must be contracted and credentialed with Medicare and MCC of VA (HMO SNP).
STEP 1: Be certified as a Medicare provider.
- Download instructions and enrollment form here
- Visit the Medicare Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) to securely and electronically submit and manage Medicare enrollment information
- Phone us at 1-800-424-4495 or email us at MCCVAProvider@MagellanHealth.com
- You can also email CMS at firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 2: Download and complete the required provider form(s).
- Individual Practitioners and/or Medical Groups
- If you are an individual practitioner or a medical group who provides medical services, please complete and submit the Provider Information Form.
- Group practices must complete one form for the group and one form for each licensed practitioner in the group.
- Groups with over 50 practitioners can submit one form for the group along with a roster listing each practitioner in the group. The roster must include the following information: practitioner name, degree type, individual NPI, CAQH#, DOB, and type of provider.
- Organization and Facility Providers
- If you are licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia to provide services as a facility or an organization (this includes DME providers), please complete and submit the Organization Provider Application.
- Complete this application for the primary site and complete a separate Organization Application Supplement form (included in the application) for each additional service location.
STEP 3: Understand our credentialing process.
- What is credentialing?
Credentialing is the process of reviewing, verifying and periodically reverifying provider and/or organization credentials in accordance with defined criteria. Prior to contract execution, we ensure providers and organizations meet credentialing criteria and are approved by the Peer Review Credentialing Committee (PRCC).
- What does the credentialing process include?
The credentialing process includes these primary steps:
1. Application. If you are not yet accredited for participation in our plan, complete and submit the Provider Data Form for Credentialing.
2. Application review. We confirm you have fully completed the application and supplied all required supporting documents.
3. Credentials verification. We verify information, including but not limited to license status, insurance coverage, and education/training, using criteria defined to meet accreditation, regulatory, and other applicable requirements.
4. Committee review. The Peer Review Credentialing Committee (PRCC), comprised of Magellan Complete Care of Virginia (HMO SNP) clinical staff and professional peers, reviews applications subject to business needs and in accordance with applicable state law.
- How long does the credentialing process take?
Magellan will complete the credentialing process in a manner that is, at a minimum, within required federal and/or state timeframes. If needed, we’ll reach out to providers for missing information required to complete credentialing. For questions about credentialing status, please contact us at MCCVAProvider@magellanhealth.com.
STEP 4: Submit your Provider Information Form and IRS tax form W-9 to our network team.
You may submit your form(s) and W-9 in one of 3 ways:
MCC of VA (HMO SNP)
Attn: Network Department
3829 Gaskins Road
Richmond, VA 23233
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.