Below is a list of drugs that have been recalled recently. For more information about a specific recall, please visit the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) website.
For more information, visit:*
|Hand Sanitizer||Assured, Blumen Modesa||07/27/2020||FDA Website|
|Hand Sanitizer||Resource Recover & Trading, LLC||07/27/2020||FDA Website|
|Hand Sanitizer||Born Basic, Scent theory and more||07/24/2020||FDA Website|
|Hand Sanitizer Gel||Shine & Clean||07/24/2020||FDA Website|
|Dexmedetomidine Hydrochloride Injection, 200mcg/50ml||Fresenius Kabi||07/22/2020||FDA Website|
|Hand Sanitizer||Optimus||07/20/2020||FDA Website|
|Hemp Oil||Multiple brand names||07/17/2020||FDA Website|
|Hand Sanitizer||bio-aaa||07/14/2020||FDA Website|
|Hand Sanitizer gel||Bersih||07/14/2020||FDA Website|
|Hand Sanitizer||Blumen||07/13/2020||FDA Website|
|Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets, 500mg and 1000mg||Lupin||07/08/2020||FDA Website|
|Daptomycin for Injection||Mylan||07/07/2020||FDA Website|
|Hand sanitizer||All Clean||07/06/2020||FDA Website|
|Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets USP, 750 mg||Granules||07/06/2020||FDA Website|
|Mystic Shield Protection Topical Solution||Mystic Shield||07/02/2020||FDA Website|
|Advanced Hand Sanitizer, 70% alcohol content||Saniderm||06/29/2020||FDA Website|
|Advanced Hand Sanitizer||Saniderm||06/27/2020||FDA Website|
* Please note: By clicking on these links you will be leaving our website.
Last updated 07/30/2020
In Case of Emergency
- For a medical emergency: dial 911.
- During a disaster: For immediate assistance during a disaster, you may call the American Red Cross at 1-877-RED-CROSS or visit them at www.redcross.org.*
- Be ready to be safe: It’s important to be prepared before a disaster happens. We encourage you to visit the Ready.gov website for additional preparedness information, including guides and videos.
For local, non-medical emergencies you may contact the Virginia Department of Emergency Management:
- Phone: 804-267-7600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.vaemergency.gov/recover/general-public/
To reach our Member Services department: call 1-800-424-4495 (TTY 711).
Your Benefits during Emergency Situations
In the event of a disaster, catastrophic event, federal, state or local emergency declaration, MCC of VA (HMO SNP) will continue to provide needed services to members. We will abide by all required timeframes and responsibilities as required by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare (CMS) and/or other regulatory agencies.
The actions we take include:
- Coverage of both Medicare Parts A and B services and supplemental Part C plan benefits at non-network hospitals and other medical facilities
- Removing prescription drug limitations, such as “refill too soon” rejection notices
- Continued care through your MCC of VA (HMO SNP) Care Coordinator
All these changes become effective immediately and will remain in place until:
- The President, Governor or Secretary of Health and Human Services declares the public health emergency or disaster has ended; or,
- 30 days have passed since the disaster or emergency was declared, and no end date was specified
In the event MCC of VA (HMO SNP) is also affected by the disaster and cannot resume operations by the end of the disaster or public health emergency, we will notify the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) along with the Virginia Department of Health. We will update the MCC of VA (HMO SNP) website, when and if we are able, to provide information about our operational capabilities.
Magellan Complete Care and Medicare will never phone you to ask for your Social Security number, Medicare number or banking information. If you receive a phone call from someone saying they’re from Magellan Complete Care or from Medicare asking for your ID information, hang up. Immediately report them to our Member Services department at 1-800-424-4495 (TTY 711). We want to protect your health and your identity.