Who are we?
MCC of VA (HMO SNP) is a Dual-Eligible Special Needs Plan (DSNP), a type of Medicare Advantage (MA) plan. Dual-eligible means members qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid benefits. By joining a DSNP, members receive:
- All the coverage that comes with Original Medicare, Part A and Part B, and Medicare Part D
- Integrated coverage from your Medicaid plan
- Part B and Part D prescription drug coverage
- Medigap coverage, as available
- Combined benefits, which means more choices and lower costs
- Additional benefits covered by Medicaid, including hearing, vision and long-term care
Magellan Complete Care of Virginia (MCC of VA )(HMO SNP) is available to eligible members throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Magellan has served Virginians for many years. Since 1972, Magellan has managed Medicaid pharmacy benefits and claims processing. Magellan has also served as the Behavioral Health Services Administrator (BHSA) to the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) since 2013.
We have a long history of serving the complex needs of special populations. We work together with our members, their families and providers to help each member live a healthy, vibrant life and achieve their fullest potential.